SHAKESPEARE FACTS FOR KIDS – important facts about volcanoes.
Shakespeare Facts For Kids
- English poet and dramatist considered one of the greatest English writers (1564-1616)
- William (1564–1616), English playwright. His plays are written mostly in blank verse and include comedies, historical plays, the Greek and Roman plays, enigmatic comedies, the great tragedies, and the group of tragicomedies with which he ended his career. He also wrote more than 150 sonnets, which were published in 1609, as well as narrative poems
- (shakespearean) Shakespearian: of or relating to William Shakespeare or his works; “Shakespearean plays”
- The Shakespeare Programming Language (SPL) is an esoteric programming language designed by Jon Aslund and Karl Hasselstrom. Like the Chef programming language, it is designed to make programs appear to be something other than programs; in this case, Shakespearean plays.
- Virtual Stadium Tours
- 4Kids Entertainment (commonly known as 4Kids) is a Worldwide International American film and television production company. It is known for English-dubbing Japanese anime, specializing in the acquisition, production and licensing of children’s entertainment around the United States.
- The Sport Ju-Jutsu system for kids is designed to stimulate movement and to encourage the kids natural joy of moving their bodies. The kids train all exercises from Sport Ju-Jutsu but many academys leave out punches and kicks for their youngest athlethes.
- (fact) a statement or assertion of verified information about something that is the case or has happened; “he supported his argument with an impressive array of facts”
- Used in discussing the significance of something that is the case
- (fact) a piece of information about circumstances that exist or events that have occurred; “first you must collect all the facts of the case”
- (fact) an event known to have happened or something known to have existed; “your fears have no basis in fact”; “how much of the story is fact and how much fiction is hard to tell”
- A piece of information used as evidence or as part of a report or news article
- A thing that is indisputably the case
shakespeare facts for kids – Shakespeare's Secret
A missing diamond, a mysterious neighbor, a link to Shakespeare-can Hero uncover the connections?
When Hero starts sixth grade at a new school, she’s less concerned about the literary origins of her Shakespearean name than about the teasing she’s sure to suffer because of it. So she has the same name as a girl in a book by a dusty old author. Hero is simply not interested in the connections. But that’s just the thing; suddenly connections are cropping up all over, and odd characters and uncertain pasts are exactly what do fascinate Hero. There’s a mysterious diamond hidden in her new house, a curious woman next door who seems to know an awful lot about it, and then, well, then there’s Shakespeare. Not to mention Danny Cordova, only the most popular boy in school. Is it all in keeping with her namesake’s origin-just much ado about nothing? Hero, being Hero, is determined to figure it out.
In this fast-paced novel, Elise Broach weaves an intriguing literary mystery full of historical insights and discoveries.
A JUNIOR LIBRARY GUILD SELECTION
Now you don’t have to read this…I just feel like venting.
………… …………… …………….. ……………… …………… ………….
So today was my first day of senior year. (I think that’s already been established, but just reaffirming the fact.) I think the thing I am most bummed about is my schedule… my classes…
here. let me make a list of why I am in the mood I’m in… I think that will be easier.
1) my first two periods are AP courses. for those that don’t know, they are honors classes that can give you college credit (correct me Mrs. Smith if I’m wrong)…they are classes a student chooses to take. so yes, I chose them… and the reason is because I want to challenge myself… but they are the FIRST TWO PERIODS OF MY DAY!! really?! okay so not too big of a deal… I’ll get them done and over with right?? …I’m just not looking forward to the butt load amount of hw to come in the future. it’s not that I just don’t do my work and I hate using my brain (after all why would I sign up for these classes in the first place??)…its that the two classes will be very time consuming.
2) …that’s not to mention my first period, (an AP class), is English. I have always gotten decent grades in english…but reading shakespeare and other works the school requires you to read and writing essays are just NOT things I enjoy doing. I WISH I enjoyed it…but I dont and cant control it. So that’s a downer.
3) one more thing about AP. my second period is Calculus. I get so nervous to go to this class because the teacher is so intimidating. I have nothing against her…I had her last year and she can be great at getting you to understand math… but her class is just a class I cant feel comfortable in. I can’t even concentrate all the time because she is so strict…I can’t be relaxed. She doesn’t scare ME enough for me not to go up and ask her a question… but it’s pretty sad when ALL of the students feel this way about a teacher. She keeps us in line, I’ll give you that… but it’d be nice if she would just lay off a bit haha …I guess you guys would just have to be a student in her class to understand….
4) all of my classes after these two kinda stink because I am split up from all of my friends… well, good friends lets say. It’s just an unfortunate fact I am learning to accept and to deal with, but that’s just another little thing that made my day bleh.
5) I chose to take study hall this year. I felt I needed it because I was taking some tough classes and I thought I’d need the time to work. Okay great, but there’s almost 70 kids in that class (WAY more than in a normal class just so you know, the study hall room is huge, my other classes contain on avg. maybe 28 kids??) …so it gets pretty noisy. luckily some will leave to be assistants for other teachers… but I also don’t like the room. haha okay that’s being a little picky… but it’s more of an auditorium setting, the desks are long and connected, and the chairs are so old. Idk… its just not a comfortable working environment…but ehh. I’ll live.
6) Lunch. there are 3 lunches at my school. Of course… like every year… I get stuck in 3rd. the reasons 3rd lunch is not as good:
- they run out of food. (only sometimes…but thats rediculous)
- 1st and 2nd lunch have already been there to destroy everything lol
- and of course I’m STARVING by the time it arrives.
I have 3rd lunch for the reason that I’m in choir (which Sunny has always been in with me thank goodness.. so we have lunch together)…but this year, 3rd lunch is different. very few seniors; a ton of under classmen. I like the underclassmen, dont get me wrong. I have nothing against them… its just… we arent with our normal class members… you know what I mean??
7) I couldnt take an art class this year :(( thats just depressing. To me art class was a time to be creative, to take a break from everything school was shoving down our throats…something I enjoyed… but I COULDNT take one this year!!! well, I could if I dropped some classes, but I am making myself take those particular classes to challenge myself and because I will benefit from them. One that is taking place of art this year is Web Design. I WANT to take that class though. Dont know how much I will like it but I’m hoping it will come in handy…
8) Lastly… I signed up for peer tutoring. I help kids with disabilities. I looove helping people and I looooove kids, I’m just saying it wasn’t what I expected. I thought I was tutoring kids that were just
Series DVDs December 2008
Disc 1: Small Talk
Moan and Groan, Inc.
The First Seven Years
When the Wind Blows
Disc 2: A Tough Winter
Pups is Pups
Fly My Kite
Disc 3: Shiver My Timbers
Dogs is Dogs
Readin’ and Writin’
Hook and Ladder
Disc 4: Lad an’ a Lamp
The Kid from Borneo
Mush and Milk
For Pete’s Sake
The First Round-up
Disc 5: Honkey Donkey
Mama’s Little Pirate
Shrimps for a Day
Disc 6: Little Sinner
Our Gang Follies
The Pinch Singer
Bored of Education
Two too Young
Pay as You Exit
Reunion in Rhythm
Disc 7: Hearts are Thump
Three Smart Boys
Night ‘n’ Gales
The Pigskin Palooka
Mail and Female
Our Gang Follies
Three Men in a Tub
Came the Brawn
Feed ‘Em and Weep
The Awful Tooth
Hide and Shreik
Disc 8: Dog Heaven
Barnum & Ringling, Inc
The Story of Hal Roach and Our Gang
Racism and the Our Gang Comedies
Catching up with The Rascals
Studio One Anthology:
Disc 1: The Medium
Disc 2: June Moon
Disc 3: The Storm
Confessions of a Nervous Man
Disc 4: The Remarkable Incident at Carson Corners
The Death and Life of Larry Benson
Disc 5: The Strike
Twelve Angry Men
An Almanac of Liberty
Disc 6: Summer Pavilion